Monday, October 26, 2015

Sound Exercises

After a brief period of some stability and peace, my headaches recurred in the last few days. It was recurring of a past phase. Of course, it must recur because this journey is a 'continuous' one until it culminates in the destined destination. Yes, there is indeed a destination for this 'continuous' journey. There is no end for this w.r.t the Universe, but w.r.t me or for that matter any person in particular, of course there should be an end.

The headaches were not as severe as they were before. Back in 2012 they were way way severe by multi fold. But since I had experienced them after some hiatus, I started complaining about them. Immediately, my father who learnt some yoga exercises for his headache from Nature Cure Hospital recently, suggested me a sound exercise. Listening to that I was also reminded of one more, I came across in "The Hindu" magazine recently. So after some 3 days of suffering and meditating accordingly, I started doing those two sound exercises yesterday afternoon. It did seem like they eased the pain a bit, temporarily. But a proper cure happened only after I transitioned from the phase of "Correction and Convergence" meditation in a (mentally) reverse posture (which started ever since July 16/17) to a phase of meditating on patterns of Infinity (which I practised between May - Sep, this year). I was looking forward to doing the sound exercises today, but miraculously my headaches receded overnight. Yippee, no more headaches for me here on (at least it seems) !!! :-) :-)

Anyway, now coming to those two exercises.....Close your ears with your thumbs. Close your eyes and with your ring and middle fingers gently press your eyes. Now start humming "Hmmmmmmmm". Another one - you can open your eyes, but with your ears still closed, start saying "Eeeeeeeeeeee"...with your mouth in the "Say Cheese" mode!

No comments: