Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Kahaani - The Story

Yesterday, a song on "Paadutha Theeyagaa" show caught my attention. Dad follows this show but not as religiously as he did some time ago. So I happened to listen to this song from the movie "Anamika" and I was like how did I miss this song all this time! I watched the original Hindi movie - "Kahaani - A Mother of a Story" some one and a half years ago I guess...I do know that a Telugu remake was made, but somehow missed this song. The girl in the show made a brilliant job of it and I enjoyed the performance much better than the original song I guess. I'm on my way to check if that performance is online.

Coming to the original movie, the plot - though a brilliant one - is actually thin. I think its the execution of the plot that makes the story a brilliant story. I wonder if the story indeed is so brilliant that the movie deserves that name and tagline. If I were to name that movie, I'd name something like "Shoony khoj", "Khoj khaali khaali", "Pyaar tho woh gayaa thaa - Ab baaki kuch naheen" or something like that and would have cut the subtlety altogether (Yeah I'm not good at Hindi so I can't come up with sensible names!) The protagonist of the movie is in search of.....not happiness, but fulfilment of justice in her terms. If you haven't watched the movie already and plan to watch it, do not read the plot (the usual warning especially for Indian movies), go ahead and watch it straight, because that is all that remains to be revealed at the end.

Anyway, I don't want to write a review here actually, but I fell so madly in love with this song, that I have been listening to this song continuously since I heard it y'day. It happens, doesn't it, with all of us, wherein we like a song and listen to it again and again and again, yet don't get bored of it. Can you imagine reading a story, say a short story, over and over and derive a similar kind of happiness? Music seriously is divine, I wonder if writing is (thaaat divine! ;-)).

No comments: